Kids Art with Miss Nadia
NADIA IS RESUMING CLASSES ON JULY 11th!!!!
On Saturday mornings at 10:00am until 11:00am or so, we host Nadia Richards and child-students (ages ~ 5-10) who participate in her art class. This make-and-take art class keeps us young, and fulfills our pledge to be all about art. Look at these cuties!
How can your child be part of this experience? A small fee covers art instruction & supplies. Freetime for parents in our lounge — Priceless!
Targeted class size is 5 children (lower than pre-COVID, and the picture above), and the smile sizes are huge! The classes consistently fill up, so we recommend contacting Nadia using the e-form below, in order to declare your intent to join us.
See Nadia on Instagram @octopus_underground_art, and see her cards and flyers at the cafe’. For more information about Nadia’s passion for art, and super-great skills teaching children, please visit www.msnadiaart.weebly.com or email Nadia directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes from Nadia:
“1. Class will be held outside. The Collective has umbrellas for shade, but it can still get hot. Please put on sunscreen and bring a water bottle to stay hydrated.
2. Please wear a mask. We all want to be as safe as possible.
3. If your child is experiencing any symptoms, or has come in contact with anyone with symptoms, please stay home and rest up. Don’t worry about canceling last minute. If you pay in advance I will always refund you.
4. Let’s do our best to keep our hands clean. Kids will be encouraged to wash their hands before and after class (either using the bathroom in The Collective or hand sanitizer).
5. Class sizes will be limited to five kids.
6. To go along with limited spots, I won’t be able to accept drop in students. Please sign up by the Friday night before class.
7. To limit contact between students I will be creating individual bags with art supplies for the kids to use during class. The intention is that kids will have everything they need for the project in their bag and they won’t be touching other people’s supplies or projects. At the end of class I will provide disinfectant wipes so supplies can be wiped down (parents are always welcome to help with this process).
Art Class Dates and Projects
July 11th – Envelope Art
July 18th – Koinobori
July 25th – Lego person self portrait (we’ll be drawing and painting, not using actual Legos)
Aug 1st – Star Wars Day (because we missed art class in May we have to make it up sometime)
Aug 8, 15, 22, 29 – TBA”
Our Calendar page will indicate when Saturday sessions will not be held.