LASER Tattoo Removal
Thinking about lightening a tattoo for a cover-up, or pursuing complete tattoo removal?
The Collective offers laser tattoo removal using our Astanza Duality machine. Our appointment schedule was designed to accomodate our clients' lives, with a variety of times available across the week. Please click the link, and set up your appointment today. Read more about the Astanza Duality, see a set of helpful FAQ's, learn about pricing, and read common aftercare instructions, below.
The Astanza Duality Laser
The Collective takes pride in offering state-of-the-art laser tattoo removal with the revolutionary Astanza Duality, to ensure a precise and efficient tattoo removal experience.
Astanza Duality's laser tattoo removal technology emits pulses of high-intensity light in brief durations. By meticulously selecting the laser wavelength to correspond with the tattoo pigment color, the laser energy penetrates the skin, selectively heating up the pigment. This causes the tattoo ink pigment to fragment into smaller particles. Nature's course takes over as the immune system identifies these particles as foreign bodies, gradually flushing them away through the lymphatic system. Over successive treatment sessions, the tattoo gracefully fades, allowing the skin to reclaim its natural appearance.
Five Advantages of the Duality Laser --
Precision Targeting: The Astanza Duality is a Q-switched Nd:YAG laser with two wavelengths, 1064 nm and 532 nm. The dual-wavelength capability of our laser ensures precise targeting of a broad spectrum of tattoo pigments. This allows for the effective treatment of an extensive range of colors.
Pulse Duration Control: Offering customizable pulse durations, the Duality laser allows technicians to tailor treatments to the unique characteristics of each individual’s tattoo. This control enhances both the effectiveness and safety of the procedure, and ensures that each client has a customized tattoo removal plan based on their desired goals.
Minimized Side Effects: The precision of the Duality laser significantly reduces the risk of scarring and damage to surrounding tissues. This results in minimal side effects, facilitating a smoother recovery process for our valued clients. Other tattoo removal methods, like dermabrasion, surgical excision, and chemical peels, are virtually guaranteed to be ineffective and leave severe scarring.
Suitable for All Skin Types: The Duality is able to safely remove tattoos on any skin type, targeting the tattoo ink while leaving the surrounding skin unharmed. This versatility ensures that individuals with varied skin characteristics can benefit from the safety and effectiveness of our tattoo removal procedures. Clients at The Collective can have peace of mind knowing their treatments are being done with the safest laser technology on the market.
Manufacturer-Certified Technicians: The safety of laser tattoo removal is dependent on the expertise of the technicians performing the procedure. The Collective's technicians are certified by Astanza following rigorous training to uphold the highest standards of safety and efficacy.
Laser tattoo removal at The Collective, particularly with the advanced technology of the Astanza Duality laser, stands as a secure and effective method for liberating individuals from unwanted tattoos. The precision, versatility, and safety features of this technology, coupled with the expertise of our skilled team, ensure a reliable and secure tattoo removal experience for our cherished clients. Step into the future with confidence, knowing you are in capable hands.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is laser tattoo removal painful?
A: The sensation varies, but many people describe it as the feeling of a rubber band snapping or bacon grease touching the skin. Ultimately, the pain will be based on each individual’s pain tolerance. Numbing cream can be helpful to reduce the sensations often felt during treatment, but clients should follow instructions for numbing cream application to include noting the time-to-effectiveness on the product label.
Q: How does laser tattoo removal work?
A: The laser emits focused light energy that is absorbed by the tattoo pigments. This energy breaks down the ink pigments into smaller fragments, which are then removed by the body's immune system.
Q: Are there any side effects or risks associated with laser tattoo removal?
A: Common side effects include temporary redness, swelling, and small-size blistering. Adhering to post-treatment care instructions helps minimize these effects.
Q: How long does each laser tattoo removal session take?
A: The duration varies based on the size and complexity of the tattoo. Sessions can last anywhere from a few minutes to over an hour.
Q: Is there downtime after laser tattoo removal?
A: There is usually minimal downtime after laser tattoo removal sessions. Many clients can go back to their day-to-day schedules almost immediately after treatment if they avoid sun exposure and follow aftercare instructions (below) to promote healing.
Q: Can I get a new tattoo in the same spot after removal?
A: Yes! Once the area has completely healed, you can choose to get a new tattoo in the same location. However, we advise you to consult with a tattoo removal specialist to ensure the skin is healed before getting a new tattoo. We require each client to wait at least 6-8 weeks for the skin to properly heal before receiving additional laser tattoo removal treatments or getting a new tattoo in the same location.
Q: Is laser tattoo removal safe for all skin types?
A: Laser tattoo removal with the Duality laser is safe for all skin types. It's essential to consult with a qualified professional who can assess your specific skin characteristics and provide personalized recommendations.
How much does it cost?
Laser tattoo removal at The Collective requires customized pricing based on individual needs and factors that include:
- Age of tattoo
- Size of tattoo
- Location of tattoo
- Ink colors
- Depth of ink
- Density of ink
- Pre-existing scarring
- Patient health
We offer pricing options for single treatments and discounted packages, depending on the number of sessions your tattoo needs, which will be based on the factors listed above. All pricing packages must be paid in full before treatment can begin.
- 10% off package - 3 treatments
- 20% off package - 5 treatments
- Active and veteran military receive an additional 10% off with proof of I.D.
- Offers may not be combined
- We welcome use of The Collective's eGift Cards
One guide for pricing is simply the size of the area to be treated, which includes the surrounding areas "not" being treated (or, to be avoided by the technician). We'll do best to make the experience as economical as reasonable, relative to the market for these services. Shop minimum is $75 per treatment, generally for silver-dollar sized tattoos. Estimates and quotes available by contacting the technician @kailualasertattooremoval via DM, or by email to email@example.com
Tattoo Removal Aftercare Instructions
There is immediate whitening, swelling, and redness of the treated area, which usually lasts for several minutes. Though uncommon, some clients may then develop blisters, crusts, or scabs within 8-72 hours, which can last for 1-2 weeks or more. Some patients may experience bruising or swelling, which usually fades over the first week after treatment. Scarring, which can be hypertrophic or keloid in nature, may occur but are very rare. Pigmentation abnormalities can occur, but is temporary except in very rare cases. Primary healing is usually complete within 2 weeks, although this may differ depending on several variables. Continued fading can be seen in the following months. A few things to keep in mind to ensure the best possible fading and removal outcome:
- Keep the treated area clean and dry while it is healing. Clean the area gently with soap and water and then pat the area dry. You may apply a thin coating of ointment (i.e., Aquaphor) twice a day for three days while the area is healing. Keep the area covered with a sterile dressing in that time.
- Blisters are possible and likely to occur within the first 8 hours after treatment. Don’t be alarmed, as well cared for blisters heal very well and are part of the normal healing process. Should the blister become cumbersome, use a sterile needle to pop and drain the area, being sure to apply ointment and a bandage after doing so. Continue to put antibiotic ointment over the blisters once they have been popped until the skin is fully healed.
- In the first few hours, the treated area may feel similar to a sunburn. Applying cool compresses can help ease some of the discomfort and inflammation from the treatment.
- Should you scab, don’t pick or expose the scabbed area, as it may result in infection, scarring, or permanent pigment change. Shaving should be avoided in the treated area until it is completely healed.
- It is ok to shower after the treatment, but take care to avoid high pressure water hitting the treated area. Baths, hot tubs, swimming pool, or any form of soaking are not recommended until all blistering and scabbing are completely healed as they may increase the risk of infection.
- Exercise is generally safe after treatment taking into account the other after care instructions provided here. Some bruising may be experienced if muscles underneath the treated area are exercised.
- Wear a sun block SPF of 25 or higher, protecting against UVA/UVB rays over the area for the full time between sessions while removal is performed. Limiting sun exposure between treatments will reduce the amount of tan in the area, thereby reducing the risk of side effects. Do not wear makeup or any cream on the treated area unless recommended by our office for 48 hours.
- Itching is common due to the dehydrating effect of the laser treatment. Use Aquaphor, vitamin E ointment, or hydrocortisone cream to the treatment area. Itching resulting from an allergic reaction is rare, but also possible. Notify us if itching or swelling persists for more than a week after treatment.
- If the area looks infected (honey colored crusting and oozing or spreading redness), if you experience an unusual discomfort or bleeding, if any other complications develop, or if you have any questions or concerns, contact the office immediately.
- Of course, if you have any extreme reaction, call 911 or go to the emergency department.